Saturday, December 13, 2014

One Thing Leads to Another Tutorial with Heidi!

Have you ever cut out paper from dies, then when you look at the scraps think..."That looks like..."? Well that's what happened to me when I was cutting out some barbed wire borders from the Cheery Lynn die.  I saw the scraps and thought they could be tree trunks.  So here is a winter scene that I created with my scraps. I added the Pine Branch Die and the Deer stamp from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps to complete the scene.

 Here is what the paper looked like once I cut out the borders:
I used the barbed wire on my original cards, then used the scraps to create my winter scene above!
Another example of paper scraps is in this card sample...
These fancy rick rack borders were the scraps from the lacy border die that I cut out for another card.  These looked too nice to throw away, so I used them on this card.  I then used Effie as my main image and the Many Thanks for the sentiment.  Both stamps are also from Prickley Pear.

Below is the borders and scraps that were created when cutting out the lacy border.
Actually...this would even make a neat background using all the pieces and scraps!  So next time you are busy cutting out borders with dies, see what your scraps look like.  They may just make a really cool accent on your next card!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the tree idea...thinking way out of the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling cards. Very clever and creative to use the scraps like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! you are so clever and creative!! love the tree... awesome cards..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and fantastic. Love the trees and I have the barbed wire die!! The lacy border background is stunning. TFS Hugz

    ReplyDelete