Saturday, February 8, 2014

Jessica's Mirror Image Tutorial

Hello, Prickley Pear friends. It's Jessi here from Kissin' Krafts. Today I am sharing with you a very neat technique called 'mirroring'!


Have you ever had an image that your wished faced the opposite direction? I tend to favor the bottom right corners of my cards, so it looks awkward with the image is facing the right of the card. So I went on a search to try a variety of 'mirroring' technique and am sharing the best one I came across.


First you will need the following:
  • clear block
  • foam sheet 
  • cling wrap
  • tape
  • fine black tip pen/marker

Cut out 2 foam sheet squares/rectangles to match the size of the clear block. Adhere the two pieces together. Stack the foam piece to the block. Now it is time to wrap the block with the cling wrap. Place a piece of cling wrap (big enough to wrap around the entire block) on a flat surface. Place the block (foam side down) and pull the cling wrap tight. Tape the ends together on the block side.

Stamp the image onto foam side. Make sure the cling wrap is wrinkle free. Stamp onto the cardstock.


 When you transfer the image to the cardstock, some of the lines might be faint. Using the fine tip marker, trace the lines of the image. Once the tracing was finished, I colored the image with a variety of markers.


 The last step is to piece the card together.


For this card, I used the Honeybunny (GG0191) stamp from Prickley Pear's newest release.  Make sure to stop by the Prickley Pear website and check out all the stamps part of the Spring Release!

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. nice technique!! thanks for sharing the tutorial...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you so much. This is my first visit to your blog and I have been working backwards through the posts. So glad I came this far. Have been looking for an technique to mirror stamps and this one looks quick and easy. Must give it a go.

    ReplyDelete