Thursday, March 1, 2012

Playing with Utee

Happy Friday!!!

I have a utee tutorial to share today. I love playing with utee, it works like an embossing powder but the pieces are a lot bigger and it’s easier to get thicker layers that feels like glass. But you can also use clear embossing powder when doing this project - a decorative panel to put on your card (or use as a brooch or what ever… :) )

Happy anniversary detalj

To make this you need utee or clear embossing power, clear embossing ink,  paper, inks (I use Distress inks) and if you want some gesso/acrylic paint or mist or some other paint to color the background. And also some decorations that can give the panel a bit dimension and interesting texture. For this one I used lace and silver thread and pearls.

1

I started with painting a piece of cardboard with gesso colored with some turquoise mist.

2

I stamped the beautiful swirl from the Mini Birds Clear Stamps Set with Distress inks and then pressed the front down on my clear embossing ink pad to cover all the surface with ink. Then I covered it all with a first layer of utee. Then heat it all with the embossing heating tool.

3

5

Then I adhere the lace and the silver threads with pearls.

6

I continue with adding some more color and layers of utee so that the panel gets real thick and looks like glass and I’m happy with the colors.

7

The white on the top is some white embossing powder.

The bird is done the same way, stamped and cut out and covered with utee to get a glass look just like the panel. To manage the small bird and the hot utee, I stick the pieces down on a scrap paper with double sided tape.

8

And here is the panel on my card. I stamped the sentiment (from the Spring Scalloped Circles Clear Stamps Set) with the same color I used on the panel so they go really well together.

happy Anniversary

Thanks for stopping by!

Tesa

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I like the way you have the lace embedded in the UTEE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card, and makes me want to clear emboss everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous Tesa! :) Love everything about it! :)

    ReplyDelete